The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation has an immediate opening for a Development Associate. This part-time position of 30 hours per week has the potential to grow into full-time. This role will handle a variety of tasks related to institutional and individual giving. The successful candidate will be a hands-on individual with strong organizational and interpersonal skills, good attention to detail and the ability to effectively work with a small team in a non-profit environment. The person in this role will be expected to build and maintain long-term relationships with donors and identify successful fund-raising efforts. Experience in Excel, Word, Outlook, data entry and all social media platforms is necessary. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Horse experience is a plus but not necessary.
The position responsibilities will include:
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Major Gifts and Planned-Giving to cultivate and manage small-donor relationships for both current and prospective donors. This position is responsible for the identification and solicitation of potential and existing donors making gifts in the $1,000 to $5,000 range.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors, send media packets, set up meetings, related follow-up and on-going relationship building.
- Coordinate donor mailings, thank you letters and gifts as needed, including properly acknowledging donors for special appeal incentives.
- Prepare media materials for distribution, including event flyers, online advertising, and press releases, social media and E-newsletters including Constant Contact communications.
- Under the direction of Development Director, manage electronic marketing and communication.
- Assemble media, merchandise, and donor kits for events and meetings; including requests by Farm Managers.
- Research and write new grant opportunities to support business development efforts. Monitor and maintain existing grants.
- Responsible for special event development and cultivating new sponsors as well as supporting annual fund-raising events.
- Promote Saratoga regional awareness of TRF and build strategic community business relationships.
- Other duties as assigned and needed.
The TRF is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Saratoga Springs. We have an easy-going, casual environment that offers flexible hours and some benefits. For immediate consideration, please provide a cover letter and resume which demonstrates the desired responsibilities listed above, in addition to three references (including name, phone and email) and salary requirements.