TRF Sanctuary Farm at Chestnut Hall
About the Farm
Established in April 2021, the TRF Sanctuary Farm at Chestnut Hall has been created with the specific intention of introducing the Louisville community, neighbors from across the Commonwealth of Kentucky and visitors around the world to the beauty and magic of Thoroughbred horses. This beautiful 25 acre farm in Prospect, KY will serve as the “forever home” for 11 retired Thoroughbred racehorses from the national herd of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
The horses will serve as Ambassadors for Thoroughbred aftercare to educate racing fans and the community at large about these equine athletes and the importance of providing a “soft landing” for each of them to transition to the next chapter of their long lives when their racing careers are done. Throughout the year, the TRF will welcome visitors to Chestnut Hall for tours and special events to meet the horses and learn about the lives of a Thoroughbred racehorses and the many gifts they bring to the communities where they live.
Important Note: The TRF Sanctuary Farm at Chestnut Hall is not open to the public. Visitors are welcome by private appointment only. Public tours will be available through Visit Horse Country starting Mid-May 2021.
Meet the Herd at Chestnut Hall
Chestnut Hall in the News
- June 16: WLKY, Aaron Burnell, Oldham County Retirement Farm for Horses Opens to Visitor
- June: The Louisville Voice- June 2021
- May 24: Visit Horse Country Adds TRF Farm to its Membership
- May 14: Bloodhorse, Warriors Club Joins TRF Sanctuary at Chestnut Hall
- May 14: Streamhorse TV, Churchill Downs Racing Club Pays it Forward to Their Top Horse
- May 13: Churchill Downs, Racing Club’s Warrior’s Club to Join Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation at Newly-Funded Sanctuary Farm at Chestnut Hill
- April 29: San Diego Tribune, Bryce Miller, Thoroughbred Retirement Farm Rethinks Debate About Horse Racing and its Stars
- April 24: WDRB, Kate Springer, Farm for Retired Thoroughbred Racehorses to Open in Oldham County
- April 16: Streamhorse, TRF Opens New Sanctuary Farm Near Louisville KY
- April 15th: Horses, Hats and Bourbon Podcast, Claudia Coffey, Sanctuary Farm for Retired Racehorses
- April 11: Spectrum News1, Michael Cadigan, Former thoroughbred racehorses find new forever home in Prospect
- April 9: WHAS, Rose McBride, Kentucky sanctuary farm for retired thoroughbreds to open to the public in Oldham County
- April 6: TDN, TRF to Open Chestnut Hall, a New Sanctuary Farm Near Louisville
- April 6: Past the Wire, Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation opens new Sanctuary Farm near Louisville, Ky.
- April 6: Daily Racing Form, Nicole Russo, Churchill’s Carstanjen, Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation to open sanctuary farm
- April 6: Paulick Report Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation Opens Louisville Sanctuary At Chestnut Hall
- April 6: Going in Circles Podcast, Charles Simon, Going in Circles LIVE with Thoroughbred Retirement Foundations Kim Weir
- April 5: In the Money Player’s Podcast, Pete Fornatale Players’ Podcast — Monday, April 5 What We Know Now About the Kentucky Derby
- April 6: TRF Press Release “Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation Opens New Sanctuary Farm near Louisville, KY”